Nutters Election House Collection

Nutters Election House

Nutters Election House

Originally constructed in 1938, the Nutters District Election House is the last surviving election house in Wicomico County. The Election House previously displayed the large collection of political memorabilia amassed by John Jacob, former president of the Wicomico Historical Society.

The collection was donated to the Nabb Research Center in 2001 as part of the larger Wicomico Historical Society Collection and contains over 2,500 objects and archival items from national, state, and local political campaigns spanning from 1820-2004. Below is just a small sampling of some of the campaign ephemera included in the collection.

The Machinery of Democracy
Nutters Election House Collection