Guerrieri Academic Commons aerial view

Nabb Center Finding Aid Portal

Items associated with name 'Quantico (Md.)'

Charles E. Holloway papers

by Holloway, Charles (1903 – 1913)

3 folders (0.03 linear feet)

The papers of Charles E. Holloway documents a series of financial transactions from 1903 to 1913 through business and tax receipts, including transactions with George Bounds & Company, and other local Wicomico County, Maryland companies.

Associated Subjects: Holloway Family • Agriculture • Farm Life
Identifier: 1991.010
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment

Ellen G. Bloodsworth papers

by Bloodsworth, Ellen G. (1923 – 2007)

2 boxes,  2 oversize folders (1.25 linear feet)

The Ellen G. Bloodsworth papers document her educational history at Wicomico High School and Salisbury State Normal School, as well as her interest in Eastern Shore history and her Episcopal faith from 1923-2007. Her papers are represented through graduation and university scrapbooks, high school reunion ephemera, newsletters from Episcopal churches, and newspaper clippings about Maryland’s Eastern Shore.

Associated Subjects: High School • McGrath Family • Pusey Family
Identifier: 2016.092
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment

Mary L. Nock papers

by Nock, Mary L. (1669 – 1992)

3 cartons,  1 oversize box (5.5 linear feet)

Mary L. Nock papers document the professional and personal life of Mary Nock, who lived from 1903 to 1987. The papers range 1669 to 1992, as she included in her possession colonial land grants as well as a copy of the Laws of Maryland which established Salisbury in 1735. Her personal papers document her life as a wife and family member of the Layfield-Nock families through photographs, greeting cards, and genealogical research. Mary Nock’s professional papers include materials such as professional correspondence, speeches, drafts of her book It Was a Joy and a Pleasure, awards, as well as ephemera from her time as a politician. Also included in the Nock papers are written works on Mary Nock by Ginger McClain Beningo, as well as Beningo’s notes and correspondence regarding the biographical works from 1990-1992, which make up the bulk of the material.

Associated Subjects: Genealogy • Legal Records • Politics
Identifier: 1989.030
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment

Photograph of House on Whitehaven Road

by Maloof, Rick (1990s)

1 oversize folder (1.5 linear feet)

Black and white photographic print of a dilapidated two and a half story, gable-front home on Whitehaven Road, Quantico, Maryland. Taken in the mid-1990s by Rick Maloof, the photograph depicts the house with a debris-strewn yard and rotted front porch.

Associated Subjects: Historic Buildings
Identifier: 2019.018c
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment

Pirates Wharf records

by Unknown (2015)

1 folder (0.01 linear feet)

Series of maps and images relating to Pirate's Wharf, located along the Wicomico River near Quantico and Whitehaven, Maryland. The materials document the development of the property into a natural resource park and its history, 2015.

Associated Subjects: Local History
Identifier: 2015.187
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment

Quantico Postal Office records

by United States Post Office (1893 – 1954)

1 folder (0.01 linear feet)

This collection contains materials from the Quantico, Maryland Post Office, a rural office of the United States Postal Service. Included are two postmaster receipt books, a ledger of the money orders issued in August of 1942, a cash book from April 1943, the bills for box rentals from 1942; the 1893 Post Laws and Regulations of the United States of America, and Agriculture Yearbook of 1925.

Associated Subjects: Lebo, Alta
Identifier: 2007.047
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment

Quantico School Class of 1909 photograph

by Wicomico County Board of Education (1909)

1 folder (0.01 linear feet)

The Quantico School Class of 1909 Photograph contains a class photograph of the Quantico School dated 1909.

Associated Subjects: None
Identifier: 2009.374
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment

Salisbury Documentary Video Collection

by Jeanne Anderton (1986 – 1987)

1 box (0.15 linear feet)

This box contains three VHS video recordings of three individuals who lived in or around Salisbury in the early Twentieth Century: Mr Henry Fields, a shop owner in downtown Salisbury and World War One veteran; Mr. John Bailey, a World War Two veteran and farmer from Quantico; and Mr. Ted White, World War One veteran, previous mayor of Salisbury and Pharmacist from White & Leonard's on Main Street. Each of these men describe life in Wicomico in the early Twentieth Century and the changes that occurred in the area throughout their lives.

Associated Subjects: Lynching • Prohibition • Business • Construction • Land Records
Identifier: 2009.223
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: View Attachment

United States Post Office (Quantico, Md.) records

by United States Post Office (1889 – 1950)

5 cartons (5 linear feet)

The United States Post Office (Quantico, Md.) records includes account books, money order registrations, and route directories ranging from 1889-1950 with the bulk of the material dating from 1943-1950. These materials document neighborhood mail routes of post carriers and file registrations of the Quantico and Wetipquin communities. Also included is correspondence of the discontinuation of the Clara and Wetipquin office. Further, the collection includes a newsletter series called “The Postal Bulletin”. These bulletins are nationally issued instructions to postmasters to maintain corporate uniformity on matters such as retirement, international mailing, and war bond distribution.

Associated Subjects: Newsletters • Newspapers
Identifier: 2015.195
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment

Walker House records

by Preservation Trust of Wicomico, Inc. (1992, 1995)

2 folders (0.02 linear feet)

Walker House records document the restoration and preservation of the circa 1820s frame house located in Quantico, Maryland, known as the Walker House or Brady House. Records include floor plans for the restoration, before and after photographs, and correspondence with the Wicomico Historic District Commission from 1992-1995.

Associated Subjects: None
Identifier: 2015.099
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment