Guerrieri Academic Commons aerial view

Nabb Center Finding Aid Portal

Items associated with name 'Tyaskin (Md.)'

Furbush Family Papers

by Furbush, George WashingtonFurbush, Mary Russell (1793 – 1918)

2 folders (0.02 linear feet)

This collection contains assorted letters and receipts found in the "Old Furbush or Old Watson" farmhouse on Wetipquin Road in Tyaskin, MD in 1977, ranging from 1840 to 1918, of Mary Russell Furbush and her husband George Washington Furbush. Other correspondents are Ebenezer Russell, Ann M. Russell Bush and Leah J. Russell Markwell, siblings of Mary Russell Furbush as well as William Birckhead, Rider and Toadvine, Dr. William H. H. Dashiell, Dr. William T. Smith and James A. J. Willing. Also, included in the collection is a 1793 Maine newspaper which can be found in oversize.

Associated Subjects: Personal Correspondence
Identifier: 2012.090
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment

Joe Hopwood Potato House paintings

by Hopwood, Joe (2002-2005)

1 folder (0.01 linear feet)

This collection contains two paintings and a sketch of potato houses by Joe Hopwood in May 2002 and 2005, one of the Riall Farm and the other of Winwright Farm on Route 349, both in Tyaskin, Maryland. The third is of a potato house on the Smoot Farm, west Salisbury.

Associated Subjects: None
Identifier: 2006.279
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment

Paul Butler collection

by Butler, Paul (1694 – 1928)

1 box,  1 oversize folder (3 linear feet)

Paul Butler collection consists of photocopies of historical documents from Wicomico and Worcester Counties, Maryland, accumulated by Paul Butler. It contains land deeds and manumission deeds documenting African American history from 1803-1928. It includes a copy of the book, Commanders of the Dining Room, with a biographical sketch of L.D. Houston, a native of Salisbury, Maryland, and the headwaiter of the Peninsula Hotel in Seabright, New Jersey, in 1905. The collection also contains court dockets, voting records and ledgers documenting legal and economic history from 1694-1910. It includes a ledger from a school in Lindseyville (Klej Grange) Maryland from 1850-1852, and a ledger from a store in Tyaskin, Maryland from 1898-1901.

Associated Subjects: Brown Family • African American History
Identifier: 1991.036
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment

Rebecca Lee Larmore papers

by Larmore, Rebecca Lee (1930 – 1944)

1 folder (0.1 linear feet)

This collection documents the childhood of a Tyaskin, Maryland girl, Rebecca Lee Larmore (later Griffith), from 1930 to 1944. Included are Sharptown and Hebron Elementary and High School report cards from 1930 to 1940 (grade 2 through high school) and a ration book holder with an advertisement for Cook's Cab Service. The rations were issued to the Jones and Larmore family members who lived at the Turnstile Farm in Tyaskin near Coxs Corner in 1944: Irving C Jones, Martha Ellen Powell Jones, Ethel Jones Larmore, Lloyd Lennox Larmore, and Rebecca Lee Larmore. Included are notes from the donor (Rebecca Lee Larmore's daughter), Lee Ellen Griffith.

Associated Subjects: Ration Books • World War, 1939-1945 • War • Education
Identifier: 2021.018
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment

Regional Church Preservation Oral Histories

by Unknown (2014 – 2017)

1 folder (0.1 linear feet)

These oral histories document the actions and stories of those who attended churches that have closed or are working to preserve a church. Topics (so far) include the story of Grace United Methodist Church and its decline and closing in the mid-2010's. Compiled transcripts are included.

Associated Subjects: United Methodist Church
Identifier: NCOH-0005
Repository: University Archives
Attachment: No attachment

Tyaskin, Md. records

by Unknown (1895 – 1970)

1 folder (0.01 linear feet)

The records of Tyaskin, Maryland document the 1895 plat of land on the west side of Tyaskin Road as well as photographs of Tyaskin Wharf, and the Wetipquin Ferry. Also included is a survey conducted of the Colored Camp Ground in the Tyaskin District, dated 1898. Lastly, a reproduction canning label from the Tyaskin Packing Company and photographs from Old Asbury United Methodist Church.

Associated Subjects: African American History
Identifier: 2015.199
Repository: Local History Archives
Attachment: No attachment