Unsure if an item you'd like to use for your course needs to be processed through the Library Course Reserves system? Use this short questionnaire to find out!
- What type of item is this?
- Are you using more than 1 chapter from the book?
- Do you need to use more than 15% of the book's contents?
- Have you used this item for the same course in the past calendar year?
Only the first use of an item within a calendar year counts as fair use.
- Is this article available through an SU-licensed database?
- Is this article available online as an open access article, an Open Education Resource (OER), or in the public domain?
- Is the video a physical item (DVD, Video Cassette, etc) or available streaming online?
- Is the video available for free online (open access, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)?
- Is the video available through a licensed library database (i.e. Kanopy)?
You can check the library catalog to see if a video is available for streaming through a library database.
- Does the library already own a copy of this item?
You can check the library catalog to see if the library owns an item.
- Do you own a personal copy of this item that you would be willing to place on reserve?
- Would you like the library to purchase a copy of this item for you?
Please submit a request for this item through the Library's Course Reserves system. Library staff will do a copyright review and determine if payment of copyright fees is needed. If the fees are reasonable, the library will pay them.
Please note that after submitting your request, you do not need to wait for a response from the library to post this item to Canvas.
If you need to submit many requests (more than 10), you can also choose to email the citations to Cassy Lewis at email@example.com instead of submitting them online.
You do not need to request this item through the Library's Course Reserves system. However, please do not post PDFs directly to Canvas if you can avoid it. The preferred method for posting online content to Canvas (items from library databases, open source articles, etc.) is with the link.
If you have questions about how to do this, or if you are unable to post a link, please feel free to contact us.
Please submit a request for this item through the Library's Course Reserves system. Library staff will pull the item from the library's collection and place it on reserve for you. We will contact you when it is available for checkout.
Please submit a request for this item through the Library's Course Reserves system. After submitting your request, please bring your copy of the item to the Library Service Desk in the Guerrieri Academic Commons for processing.
Please submit a request for this item through the Library's Course Reserves system. When submitting your request, please indicate in the Comments field that you would like the library to purchase a copy of this item. Your liaison librarian will then be in contact with you about the purchase.
We may need more information to help you determine the best course of action for this request. Please contact us so we can assist you.
You do not need to request this item through the Library's Course Reserves system. You can include the link to this video in Canvas without informing the library.