Skip to main content

Introduction

The libraries at Salisbury University have traversed a long and storied road from the first College Library to the new Academic Commons. What began in cramped quarters in 1925 expanded into its own building—Blackwell Library—which, despite major renovations to meet student needs in 1975, has since been outgrown. Now the library has its new home within the Guerrieri Academic Commons. Yet, the libraries at Salisbury University continue to be, in the words of Germaine Greer, “Reservoirs of Strength, Grace, and Wit.”

Holloway Hall, northwest wing, 1932

The first College Library, now northwest Holloway Hall, in 1932

Final rendering of the Patricia R. Guerrieri Academic Commons, July 31, 2014

Final rendering of the Patricia R. Guerrieri Academic Commons, July 31, 2014